With December’s arrival, it’s nice to take an afternoon to get into the spirit with your children with a simple Christmas craft. And if that creation can delight grandparents when they open the mail or double as holiday decorations, all the better.
- One Mason jar per child
- Small holiday figurines; plastic reindeer or cake toppers from a baking-supply shop work nicely
- Glitter, the loose kind that comes in little jars
- Ribbon or yarn (optional)
- Hot glue your figurines to the inside of the jar’s lid.
- Add water to the jar.
- Add about a tablespoon of glitter and a couple of drops of glycerine to keep the sparkly stuff from sticking together.
- Put the lid tightly on the jar. Tie some ribbon around the lid for an extra flourish if desired.